Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Always Colorful Momma Rose

Even those of you who didn't really know her knew stories about her, so it is with great sadness that I share the news of my mom's passing this morning Friday July 16. It is with great joy, however that I tell you she died exactly the way she wanted to.... peacefully, in her sleep, listening to her Barry Sisters CD, surrounded with people who loved her -- lots of them. Jeff and I, Els, Devin, Jordan Kai, Seth, Joyce and our new little Rosie, all her friends and caregivers. And in classic Rose form, She kept her gold sneakers and said if there was anyone who wore a 6 1/2 she didn't want them to go in the trash. I guess after 10 years we can't return them -- which as we all know is what she and all her sisters would have preferred.
Keep her in your thoughts and prayers and in her honor do something sparkly and outrageous.
Love you
Iris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am very sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Eric Rose said...

Over the years while reading your blog I almost feel part of the "family" and with that comes great sadness at your mothers passing. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Georges said...

Sincères condoléances à toute la famille.